brake discs/pads - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
brake discs/pads

I know this topic has been covered many times before so apologies if it's boring.
Really must replace discs/pads soon - anybody any experience of Red Dot discs or other uprated discs?
GGB Engineering in Bradford(and London I think) can sell me standard discs for my 97 2.016V for about 25 each - he says they are exactly same as originals and I have bought parts here for many years(and many Fiats) and never had any problems. Is it worth putting uprated discs on with standard pads/uprated pads? - my journey to work is only 15mins so I need them to work well from cold.
Just looking for suggestions/advice/experience really.
Sponsored Links
I take it the 25 discs are pattern parts?

Sounds good to me, even if they aren't as durable as genuine discs.

Standard pads are okay most of the time and should suit these discs reasonably well.

Ralf S.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Yeah go for it.
I have used pattern brake discss for ages and they work just fine (actually they don`t seem to wear out any faster!).
'Pattern parts' can be cheap rubbish badly made or the same part from the same factory but not in a box with Alfa Romeo on the side.
The guy at GGB assures me that these discs come from the same suplier alfa use - did you know alfa uk charge dealers about 52 for a front disc so they are still making a good profit on the prices they quoted me.'Genuine parts' from dealer are just parts made by somebody else in alfa boxes., I've always found that 'pattern parts' from a good supplier are exactly same quality.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

brake , discs or pads