Wiper travel - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wiper travel

Hello again!
Does anybody elses drivers side wiper swing a little further then the edge of the windshield? Er, mine does for some reason.

Sponsored Links
you'll find that most people have a 'notch' knocked into their bonnet due to the wiper bumping away.

hell i do anyways [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

i know some people have transferred volvo 440 wipers on to their 155, i dunno if this has changed anything tho... i think it was just for cheaper wiper blades

Yeah I've got the notch as well, I adjusted the passanger side wiper blade so it is a little further up the window that way it does'nt hit the bonnet when it is in motion. Oliver I suspect you may have to do the same with the drivers wiper but to stop it travelling further than the window itself,

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

From the 28th of January, you will be able to buy and fit a 156 wiper conversion. This will stop the 155 annoying wiper vibration in the rain and when the blades become worn, you just buy and fit the new blades rather than buying the whole arms again. I am told that it stops the bodywork damage too!

Not expensive either.

Pop in to our shop at www.alfaowner.com/shop on or after the 28th January 2002
Christian U

Well Jason it was certainly not done i order to save money on blade change! Those viperarms from a Volvo 440/460 really works...no annoying wiper vibration or bodywork damage ect. ect.
Press "search" and type "erratic Wiper motion" then you can read more.

Christian U

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

travel , wiper