Pls help - Automatic Air Conditioning problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Pls help - Automatic Air Conditioning problem

I am new comer from Hong Kong and I start to drive 155 since April 2001.
I just pick up my car from the workshop. My car cannot start up and they help me to replace the relay which control the engine.
Now, my car can start but has another problem but this workshop not able to fix it.
My car has automatic Air Conditioner option, when I switch on the airconditioner after they change the relay, it shows the no. more than 80 and then start to give out heat air. When the mechanic continue to press Up/down button, it will show the no. from 80 to 0 and the a1-a9 and thenE1-9. Sometimes it give cool air but sometime give hot air. ( NOrmal the display should shows Lo, 18 to 32 and then Hi )

Please advise if you know what happen and suggestion. Thank you very much !

Sponsored Links
Hello,1ºtest all the conections,2º I'll test the 2 temperature sensors,(one on the out mirror,another down below the steering wheel.After that,test the control of the clima(automatic conditioner),up the ashtray(when you select the temperature,there's the "brain" of the system),if you have a friend try to change,if you don't, search it at second hand,I think it is the same of Lancia dedra/delta or fiat tipo/ tempra with clima,or new,but I think it will be too expensive.

Good Luck anyway
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 2.5 Q-system

Try a reset by disconnecting the battery, leave it for a few minutes an then re-connect.

The climate control (air-cond) is micro-processor based. A previous post (which is probably lost now from what the hacker did) had someone enquire about a funny display when certain buttons are pressed together.

Note that the relay for the air-cond is polarised and you must use back the recommended relay. Otherwise, when you switch off the air cond and the ignition, the 'OFF' light in the air-cond will remain turned on!

Dear Carlos and Kenneth,

Thank you very much !

I followed Kenneth advise and disconnected the battery for 1 hour. Then, I fix the problem. ( I tried this way before reading Kenneth advise, however, I just disconnect it for 30 sec and didn't work. )

Thank you!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

air , automatic , conditioning , pls , problem