undinging dents - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Raj k
undinging dents

Someone kindly dented my front wing in a car park a while ago. I remember returning to my car and thinking 'the light isn't catching the car right!' and closer inspection revealed a smooth round shallow dent. Luckily paintwork not breached, Alfa dealer wants 300+, I've been toying about trying those people who claim to remove dents without damaging/needing to repair paint, eg dentmaster, anyone had any experience of such companies, expensive? do they do a good job?
your views as always,appreciated
Sponsored Links
Hi Raj

I have no personal experience of Dentmaster but have heard good and bad. Most reports have been good, but one reckoned you could still see traces of the "incident". They apparantly use a Burnishing type technique to push/coax the dint out. It works better on shallow dints without a visible sharp crease where the paint hasnt been damged (like yours). Metal will never fully return to its origonal shape as each movement stresses and hardens its structure. I seem to remember they charge something like 80 per panel and up to two dints to each panel.

Not much real help!! But they are probably worth a try even on price.

Raj k
Hi 'wrinx',
thanks for the reply, as you say it's worth a go and should only look better, it's added to the 'to do list'
thanks again raj

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

dents , undinging