Livetime for parkinglights 1-2 month ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Claus with a 1,7 TS
Livetime for parkinglights 1-2 month !

Hey Alfis,

have someone the same problem? The lamps for the parkinglight will destroyed after a very short time. Put in a new lamp. After 1-2 month....destroyed. Can't find a mistake in the electrical system. I drive a 155 1,7 TS.
Have someone an idea ??

Sponsored Links
Ronald ARTC20
Hi Claus,

I think the parkinglights of a 155 really suck. The front parkinglight on the left even melted down in the plastic mirror (blinker) of the headlight. It is so stuck that I can't remove it anymore. So I can't replace the lightbulb. I cut the yellow wire to prevent shortcircuit. You never know what will happen if the fitting is melting.

Ronald ARTC 20
Glad someone else is having the same problem. My side light (parking light) on drivers side (RHD) started melting. I've never seen a bulb melt before but every time I replaced the bulb, it would last about 1 week.

I got through about 5 bulbs and they are now all inside the headlight as I had to push them through as they were so broken they couldn't be pulled out from the rear.

Now it seems to have fixed itself so I can't offer any help but I know it will happen again soon. Hope someone has some ideas.

AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Mostly the prob begins with not sticking the bulb far enough trough the hole what makes the plastic melt down and a little shock will cause the glass to break, smooth the hole and then put the bulb in properly, it worked for me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

livetime , month , parkinglights