Temperature gauge - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Temperature gauge

Hello everyone, thought I would ask you guys rather than those in the other forum as I don't think its fair imposing on one or two who have tech expertise all the time, when my experience before when Leon ran the site was that their are many more technically clued up people running 155's here!

Anyway pulled over today to answer cellular phone call lasted about 5 minutes when I looked at temperature gauge before pulling off it was reading above 120c!!!!!!!

Engine obviously hadn't boiled over but never had this before has anyone had this happen on a 155 and would you think it worth replacing temp sender?

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

Oh and it was very hot today 30c ish

1995 164 2.0 litre Super
Sponsored Links
Did the radiator ventilator rum, if not that’s the cause. Vent. is managed by a thermostat which is set to start the vent at 90C. If it did run and the engine is not otherwise running hot I would forget about it, but if it’s running hot you either need to have the cooling system flushed or a new thermostat.
Alfisti regards
Thanks Erik, have been using it today and it has been fine very hot weather again too so I think it's just one of those alfa force things

Cheers MAK
Mike Scarf
Hi Mak

I assume you left the engine running. Have you got air con and was it on.
My 155 super temp goes up quite a bit if the engine is left ticking over with the air con on and the cooling fan works nearly all the time when the aircon is on.

Not a lot of help I know but its just some comments

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

gauge , temperature