Brakes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Hi all,
I put new front disc's on two weeks ago and a set of EBC Green pads. I thought i would try the Grennies as when threashing the car hard the the brakes faded. The Greenies were good to start with , loads of brake feel when cold, but now after 1k miles there crap. They need warming up to get any brake pressure and im not sure they are any better on fade or not, will change back to standard pads i think. Just a thought , i did take it easy to start with, running the pads in and all, but can you over cook new pads ??
Sponsored Links
Hi fkcream
Yes, you can cook new pads (and discs as well). That's why it's recommended to take easy on the brakes for the first 300-500 miles. If you have done that you can take off the pads and file the top of the friction material off (make sure you get an even suffice). I don't think you can do anything to the discs than rub them with emerald paper (I think it's called in English, anyway tough sandpaper).
I donít know the EBC green pads but if they are pads for hard driving (on a track or such) it is normal that they need to be warmed before any bite is established. Iíll say, that kind of pads are not suited for road use
Good luck
thanks for the reply erik, maybe i will do as you say, try roughing up the disc's and pads.
I put them on because the brakes faded under heavy use. But it is quite frightening to be doing 90MPH on the motorway waiting for the brakes to warm up !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155