Wheels.....again ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wheels.....again !

I realise this subject has been talked to death, but I have only just taken ownership of my first 155 and am completely stumped as to what to do about getting alloys...
Its a 1997 2.0 16v TS. Color according to Garage is Montreal Blue??
Has alloys, but they have gone to ****e and are only 15".

I must have looked at hundreds of 155 pictures over the past week in my quest to decide on what looks best.

I would like to get 17" , but fear the cost and possibly short life span of the tyres, so am thinking 16"......Its hard to be impressed by the 16 when you've seen some nice 17's

However it appears from the little research I have none that the fittings (PCD and Offset) for the 155 are not exactly common.
This seems to be limiting my choice, especially when it comes to the Cheap tyre and wheel packages.

So I was looking in the local classified ads and it seems that there are a lot of bargains to be had in used / not used alloys & tyres, but spec'd for other makes of cars
I understand from some of the posts in this forum that wheels from other makes of cars will fit with a wobbly/varibolt.

What I am looking for is advice from anybody about how I figure out if a set of alloys will fit, and which other makes of cars have simillar fittings.

I think I understand all the measurement stuff, but whats the story with the wobbly/varibot stuff, sounds a bit suspect !

Thanks in advance,

PS The alloys that came on the car have deteriorated very badly (15" originals), does anyone know if they can be repaired very easily and will it cost much ?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
I've just replied to this somewhere else!!

Henry (Number 10)
1997 2.0 16v
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

Where do you live? There is a place in Birmingham called Laptab (sorry don't have the number) - they charge about 30 per wheel for stripping and respraying, but do not do wheel repairs, i.e. scuffing etc, unless it's small enough to be covered by the coating.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

« Brakes | test »