1995 V6 MkI 1/2 ??? OR WHAT ?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
David H
1995 V6 MkI 1/2 ??? OR WHAT ??

I've got a very late 1995 2.5 V6 with airbag. It doesn't have the adjustable suspension of the earlier models or rear electric windows neither does it have the the new wider body of the MKII. I was wondering if anyone knows if there were other extras which are not immediately noticeable, e.g. better crash protection, engine mods etc. It just seems strange that you miss out on some smart goodies on VI and don't get any of VII's. The car is still wonderful to drive, but maybe I'm just unlucky. Any info would be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Christian U
Hi David

I have a 1994 2,5 V6 "non widebody" also with airbag. I don't have adj. suspention or rear electric windows, like you, but i do have Climate control/aircon. I think all these features are extras, witch you have to order seperately when buying the car.
I know that from '94 - ABS, airbag and better side crash protection, became standard (along with new front grill and interior colours)

You are not unluckey to own such a car !

Hi David & Christian
All the goodies you mention is or is not on you 155 V6s are “factory options”. Often the local distributor decide which option they will make “standard” equipment on there market but this can vary from time to time. A first buyer can order a new car with more or less options if they are prepared to wait for a car to there specifications to be ordered, built and delivered from the factory.

In fact 3 variants of the 155 was produced – from early ’92 (when launched) until mid ’93 series 1 (criticized for not having Alfa road holding), mid ’93 series 2 with some mods made to the suspension/steering setup, side impact protection added to the doors and air back added to the steering wheel (maybe optional) and finally in May ’95 series 3 know as “wide body” with wider track and flared wheel arches and the introduction of either the “Super” or “S” (often referred to as Sport) with 15 mm lower ride height, stiffer suspension and shock absorbers, dark grey or black Speedline wheels with 205/50-15, Ricardo front seats, different seat covers and no woodwork on the dash, body coloured skirts and different front and rear bumpers – as options 16” Speedlines and a smallish boot lid spoiler. The 2.0 got the new 16v engine (derived from the Fiat Group new “Modulo” engine generation) which later gradually replacing the 1.8 TS and 1,7 with 1,8 TS 16V and 1,6 TS 16V. To my knowledge the V6 was only slightly modified to comply with stricter emissions levels. The S version was not offered with the 1,7 and 1,6 engines. In Sept. / Oct. 97 the 155 was replaced by the 156.

Alfisti regards

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

1 or 2 , 1995 , mki