wirering carstereo - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
wirering carstereo

Hi everybody,

I'm putting the radio this weekend in my 1.7 TS graduate but due to the clumsyness of the previous owner I have to sort out every colour of the cable (there was no connector attached).
Does anybody know what colour (-combination) the wires have of following functions:
speakers front:
speakers back:
permanent power:
ignition power:

Sponsored Links
Christian U
Hi There!

Wirering diagrams for the 155 is hard to get(Juan has , but wont let go of it), but you can do without, here goes:

You need something to measure with, the best is a voltmeter, but a 12V bulb with two wires can do the job.
The gruond is black, from that you measure on the other wires until you find permant power (i think it is red, not shure !), then switch on the ignition and do the same to find ignition power.
Connect the radio and switch it on, then find the speakers by connecting one speaker at the time to the radio (the speaker wires are in pars the same colour, with or without a stripe).
If your car is equipped with antenna build in the rear window, then the antenna-amplifier needs power (+12V) the wire is red & green.

I hope this helps.

#196 - 2,5 V6
Just one little tip
Dont know if you know this already but an accurate way to make sure your speakers are wired to the correct polarity hold a little 1.5v battery (AA, AAA etc) to both wires you think are positive or earth.

The speaker will make a popping noise, if the cone moves out when you touch the terminals you have the correct polarity, (obviously the wire connected to the positive terminal on the battery is the positive for the speaker) if the cone moves in obviously its the wrong way round.

Hope I'm not telling anyone how to suck eggs!!!!

Hope it helps

Speakers:RF rose/black purple/black
LF withe red
RR blue/black blue
LR orange/black orange

+ red - black, red/green=antenna, no switched +, on the Euro-connector also red

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

carstereo , wirering