End of the Twin Spark? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
End of the Twin Spark?

According to my local AR dealer, the TS is being axed later this year in favour of a direct injection engine. Apparently, it is getting harder to get the TS engines to comply with EU emission regulations without dropping power.

Has anyone else heard about this?

First the boxer, then a GM V6 (allegedly), now the twin spark.

David M.
Sponsored Links
I heard that the neuw engine will be a direct injecton version on the 2.0 TS 16V
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

Apparently, the TS in one of the cleanest engines around - because of the twinspark technology! Could be just a rumour to complement the other news (V6).
Progress is progress, let's face it, we're not all driving Ford Model-Ts are we? Alfa have a great heritage and a history of innovating. Unfortunately they've got to make money too.
Hi guys
I rode a while back that Alfa is going to upgrade the Alfa version of the Fiat Group “Modula” engine to direct injection giving some 170 HP – but I don’t remember if the article said anything about the second plug, though I can't see were but the plug hole to put an injector. The last revision to comply to emission regulations meant dropping from 155 to 150 HP.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

end , spark , twin