Losing Power - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Faro
Losing Power

My Alfa is now done 120.000 miles, and I think some of the Horses might have gone on a journey. Certain times I think that the power is lacking.
I have fitted on my car the K&N filter inside the original box and a free flow exhaust
and only use synthetic oil the 5W40 since the car has been on My ownership for 6 years.
I dont intend to sell it at all ( dont listen to the wife ) but would like to replace some of the horses that have gone away.
Is there a way to do that without losing the car appeal, and breaking the bank ?
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
You could test the compression in each cylinder, if you think the beast is losing power. I once fitted new rings to a motorbike and it made a huge difference..

Also clean out the MAF and Idle control valve, to make sure the beast is running properly and if the idle is a bit lumpy, put a new lambda sensor on there.

Ralf S.
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside
have you removed the cat, how freeflowing is your exhaust ???
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 17-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Faro
No the cat as gone on holiday for the last four years, and the exhaust is a ansa which was lurking on an old shed until i realised that with a few twicks would fit like a glove in my alfa.
At the time I remember that the performace improved specially on the low gears and right after i installed the K&N and the noise was something else. but after all this years the zing is not what usted to be.
The price I have to pay for the improvements is coming MOT time I have to go a bit deeper in my pocket to fork out for what it is an expensive lunch.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

losing , power