Looking for a new alternator - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
Looking for a new alternator

I'm in the process of finding a (preferably) new alternator for my 155 2.0 widebody and I found this on ebay:

Does anyone have any experience of "AJ Components Limited"? The engine type matches (67.204) but my current Magneti Marelli alternator is 14V 100A. Replacing it with a 95A alternator shouldn't be a problem, right?
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
They do seem to be quite interested in making sure you get the correct part.. so I would be happy to give their alternator a go.

They also do state that you should contact them if you're not sure whether the part is the correct one, or if it will fit. They will be able to check the codes on your alternator to confirm if it will fit your car.. so I'd ask them about the 95/100 Amps difference. They may have a 100A version too.

If you have no luck but can only find a reconditioned alternator, I wouldn't be too worried. A recon'd unit is the old metal parts shot blasted clean and then re-fitted with new windings, bearings, regulator and rectifier. All the bits that take heat or wear out are new.. just the mounting frame and body (which don't do anything) are cleaned-up old one.

The Younger Mrs S. Cinquecento has a a reconditioned alternator and if it wasn't for the manufacturer marks not being the same, you couldn't tell it wasn't a brand new one.. just that it was made from a Lucas inner bit and a Magneti Marelli outer bit. Works fine though..

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

Last edited by Ralf S.; 28-04-11 at 16:13.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155