I've owned my Alfa for 7 years now. Still love it to bits. It just came back wilth fully restored interiour and exteriour (full paintjob)
CAR: Alfa Romeo 155 95MY, 1.7TS (8V skinny)
So... silly as I am... I took a engine clean on it!
I've never had ANY problems with my 155. It has always started, wether it's minus 25 or 35 degrees.
Anyway... back to the engine clean. My garden- hose broke and I got water on more places that I wanted. Injectors, generator, spark- plugs, air flow meter (but not the coils) I also added some "de-grease" or whatever you people call it. So... after an hour with drying using compressed air and a towel... VOILA... it fires right up. So I let it idle for 15 minutes and take it for a good spin. No problems. A few days ago I needed the car... It didn't start. No spark on the spark plug.
Today it fired right up, with no problems. Took it out for a spin, and most of the time it ran like a dream. But a few times it "staggered" a bit...
I think it's the position sensor on the crankshaft. Does anybody know where it's located? (I believe it sits on the flywheel, but I can't see where.
Bonus Question:I've had this problem for over a year now. Does anybody had any problems with failing MOT due to the Co2 test? Have anybody found a "common fault"? My car smells a lot of unburned petrol and the spark plugs are black (too much fuel) I know it will fail an MOT... I've changed the water-temperature sensor. How about the air- intake temperature sensor located on the mainfold. Is this a known problem? Or do anybody have any great ideas?