Rear brake caliper assembly - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Rear brake caliper assembly

Has anyone ever completely disassembled and then reassembled the rear brake calipers?

My handbrake would stick on the right side after use so I figured I'd take the caliper apart and lube all parts and remove rust and gunk etc to get it back in shape. Now all is well except for the 'putting it all together'-part . There's this 'seger ring' (not sure what it's called in english) which is supposed to be pushed down into the groove at the bottom of the cylinder to lock it all into place but the spring inside the caliper is making it seemingly impossible.

Has anyone here ever fixed these? Can't find any guides/pictures concerning the rear calipers on the interwebs. The car is a 2.0 16V TS widebody from 1995.

A new caliper is not an option at the moment, I'd really need advice on how to put the original caliper back in one piece . Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Perhaps some pictures of the ring and the caliper in pieces would be good. You say seger ring so I'm guessing circlip but not sure.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

assembly , brake , caliper , rear