air-intake - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Hi everyone, just introduced myself in the newbie corner so this is my second post.
I've bought myself a mint 155 2.0 16v super with full service history and no rust!
of course there are a few catches, first off the original engine broke it's cambelt (not uncommon i've heard!) so the previous owner, who's an ex mechanic and handy with a spanner, has fitted a 2.0 16v engine from a 147. it runs sweet except when i first start it, the previous owner also fitted an air intake mod-(not sure which one) so when the engine is cold i can hear and see the air filter sucks in air and hisses, which causes irregular tickover
Its fine after 5 minuets when its warm up, the sucking stops and tickover's fine. Im thinking of putting the original filter and casing back on will this cure the problem?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
I'm running a jetex induction kit on mine and its causes irregular running on start. Well to be precise if you touch the accelerator its gets all chuggy and doesn't want to rev. You could have a failing MAF sensor as they don't like induction kits.
AO Silver Member
Ok so I might be a little bias considering ..... but imho the best set up on a 155 is either to got the whole hog and put in a cold air induction kit piped to down beside the foglight (although i've never tried it personally) or work with a standard air box, an upgraded panel filter that goes in the box (K&N) no resonator (useless bit of kit imho) and a "Brazilian induction pipe" it was fitted to 145's I think and is basically a pipe that connects to the air box and can be bought new from Alfa for about £3

I've run that on a couple of 155's an got improved induction and no gremlins

156 GTA, 155 16v and a Grand Vitara for the winter!
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 155

has anyone got anymore info on the Brazilian pipe part from Alfa?

I was considering going the whole hog though and routing a cold ait kit to the fog light grille...
What do you want to know?

Part number is (or was!) 60617628 and is from the early 145 Cloverleafs. I would be surprised if its still available to be honest, if it is it's probably on back order.

Not sure I'd bother with it to be honest, might make a little more induction noise, but not that noticable. Depends what you're going for? Not a lot wrong with the standard set up IMO.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155