Wobble...wobble - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Sussex

I have a 97 fatboy twinny with sportpack including adjustable Spax & speedlines....and wheel wobbleI've had both fronts and rears balanced which has improved things...but I'm still getting the wobble - from 70 - 85'ish on the fronts...and as that smooths out I get it from the backs from 85 through to 95 (didn't push things any harder as the rear vibe was getting too heavy)...these are mph figures....on the autobahn of course!

Are Speedlines that difficlt to balance? (fronts and backs were balanced on two different days at two separate tyre services)

BTW - wheels and tyres were checked for true at the time - tyres front and rear are std sizes with about 6mm on each and tread wear pattern is fine - nothing unusual.

The car is fabulous...apart from the shakes which is spoiling things as I do a lot of motorway miles...

If I wanted it to work, I'd buy a VW
Sponsored Links
County: East Sussex

Member car:

the Speedlines are effectively made from chocolate.

May well be dink, warping or just old age.

one of mine on my old 155 went egg shaped spectacularly going over /through one of Sussex's finest potholes last yr.
AO Silver Member
County: Northumberland

Member car:

If they were balanced and then re-fitted with a windygun, you might need to check the torque on the wheel studs. I had a tyre done and fitted at work and it literally twisted the alloy. Took me ages to narrow it down as I used the same faulty gun each time I had the wheel off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155