Bloody Insurance companies! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Bloody Insurance companies!

Just been told that my insurance company will not insure my 155 V6 unless I have a Thatcham cat 1 immobiliser fitted. Whats wrong with the factory fit code immobiliser, probably will stop me driving it let alone anyone else! Just as I have got the power steering sorted and want to get it on the road theres another hurdle to cross.
I can't help but think its just an excuse to get me to cancel my policy and start again with a cancellation fee. Oh and 'you will not be allowed to gain the extra years no claims bonus if you cancel the policy before the year is up'. What extra year, I haven't made a claim for 30 years Oh she says thats quite good isn't it , looks like my insurance company is living on another planet to me.

Anyone else had this problem, surely an Alfa Code immobiliser is far better than some aftermarket system bodged in by some dissaffected apprentice!
Sponsored Links
County: Wiltshire
Re: Bloody Insurance companies!

Go to another company and get a quote, then go back to your original company and tell them that you are not fiting the cat 1 as you want the car to remain original for concours, if they are willing to pay for the alarm to be fited then you will, but if they wont then your off to the other company.

This will go one of 2 ways, you will either get insured without the cat 1 alarm with them, or you will be with the new company.
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

havent had any questions like that mate, for either 155 i have and i have had loads of quotes for mine aswell, well for the v6 anyway. try
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 16-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Looks like I am changing companies but the broker will not charge a cancellation fee if i re insure with them.
Shame my company does not know anything about Alfas!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

bloody , companies , insurance