Please help with throttle body problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Please help with throttle body problem

Hello, even though I have an GTV I'm putting this tread here as my problem is related to the type of motor the throttle body is mounted on, I'll explain myself. The throttle body on my GTV is acting up and I've been told that I need to change it. I've been looking for a not so expensive replacement, the original part runs at over 1000 and I just cannot afford it. As for a used or commercial part there just seems there are no GTV throttle bodies to be found. My car has an 114kw, 2000cc Twin Spark 1998 motor with code ar32301. So I'm supposing that any Alfa model mounting that engine will have the same throttle body, can anybody confirm that?
I've run into various throttle body codes: Fiat, Alfa and Bosch and at the end and, believe me, a whole lot of research, I believe to have found what I retain is the right code: Alfa 60657874.
Can anybody confirm that a throttle with this code will fit in any Alfa model that carries the ar32301, 114kw engine version? Any additional information or clues would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -Montevideo
Are you sure that it needs to be changed. Is rare.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Gold Member
The Eper parts database shows different throttle body part numbers for 155, GTV, and 156.........and different ones depending on whether they are CF2 or CF3 of course. Does your car have the ECU mounted above the throttle body, is it cable operated or fly-by-wire.......

As said failures are fairly rare, unless someone has tried to force the throttle flap against the electric idle controls.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

body , problem , throttle