Central Locking Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-12-07 Thread Starter
Thumbs Up Central Locking Problems

Hi All first time on the Alfa forum and hopefully you'll be able to help.

A few weeks ago i had a problem where my car doors would not open. I could use the remote to arm and disarm the alarm but the remote would not open the doors, only the boot. I tried opening the doors with the key and found that once you unlocked the door they would re-lock themselves instantly. To get in my car i had to turn the key to open, hold it until i heard the lock clock twice and then open the door. I put this down to a hard frost which may have been causing problems with the electrics, etc.

I took it to an alfa garage who said i had a problem with the ecu body which would cost £400 for labour and materials. Turns out when i picked my car up everthing was working and has been since the garage carried out the diagnostics on it, anyone else had this problem? And is there any particular reason why it may have happened?

[B]J Griffiths - [B]
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Re: Central Locking Problems

Hi Jason welcome to AO. Glad to hear your key is working again.
AO Member

I've had exactly the same problem on my 147 but mine was when the weather was very hot. First time it went on for about a week then cured itself. About 3 months later it did it again just on one day & it's been fine ever since. Puzzled me, but it's been fine now for about 6 months so fingers crossed it won't happen again.
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Moved to 147 Tech Lounge
AO Member

Ive just bought a 147 and i am having a similair problem with mine. The doors open and lock fine when i put the key in them, however when i press the button on the remote, the alarm activates but the doors do not lock, it is the same when i go to press the button to open them, the alarm deactivates but the doors don't open. The button for the boot works fine. The button inside the car to lock the doors also doesn't work, i press it and it seems to lock and unlock them again. Do es anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

central , locking , problems