manual 147 stopped at the roundabout, wont start unless the clutch is in. help - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #26 of 29 Old 16-07-16 Thread Starter
Toy
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Box is out.
problem is in the box. And as I dont have a manual, does anyone have the workshop manual steps to safely strip and re-assemble the Gearbox?
While I have time, I can tell u that it is not a straight forward unbolt the box and it slides out!
I did not take the engine support member out, so the box snags up on it, so I needed to skew the motor on the remaining top mount (the bottom 2 mounts were unbolted/removed) until the motor was nearly touching the A/C pulley on the RHS chassis. It still needed persuasion, so I suspect I will have great fun trying to get it back in the same way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 29 Old 16-07-16 Thread Starter
Toy
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa 147

Has anyone had a similar problem? Failure of the manual Box in a 2.0l 147 TS ? 2006 car with only 80,000 kms????
AO Member

County: Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Box is out.
problem is in the box. And as I dont have a manual, does anyone have the workshop manual steps to safely strip and re-assemble the Gearbox?
Ahh, yes. I've put one together which I could email to you. But to be fair, if you have got the skills/nowse to fix a gearbox you shouldn't need it if you've done any other euro front drive box. No special tricks or tools - just number the bolts as you take them out as they're different lengths.
I'd be thinking that it'd probably be quicker and cheaper to go to a wreckers...

AO Member

County: Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavend View Post
Ahh, yes. I've put one together which I could email to you. But to be fair, if you have got the skills/nowse to fix a gearbox you shouldn't need it if you've done any other euro front drive box. No special tricks or tools - just number the bolts as you take them out as they're different lengths.
I'd be thinking that it'd probably be quicker and cheaper to go to a wreckers...
Forgot to mention, the gearbox fault I had was a circlip on the selector shaft. The gears ate it and the fragments ended up on the magnetic drain plug. About 150,000km when it failed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , clutch , manual , roundabout , start , stopped

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page