Broken door handle hinge - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By typos1

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 01-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Broken door handle hinge

Has anyone had to replace the hinge in the door handle yet? Ive been told by EB Spares that its possible to make the 06 replacement/repair hinge fit an 05 handle (apparently a bit of filing is needed??) I'd rather pay 8 for the hinge than 100 odd for a new handle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGTV View Post
Has anyone had to replace the hinge in the door handle yet? Ive been told by EB Spares that its possible to make the 06 replacement/repair hinge fit an 05 handle (apparently a bit of filing is needed??) I'd rather pay 8 for the hinge than 100 odd for a new handle
Yet ? !!!!!! These cars have been around for up to 19 years, what do you mean "yet" ? !!

I think the newer handles break as well, if thats what you were getting at.

I assume youre talking about the GT you got recently, not your GTV ?
LittleGTV likes this.

County: Cork
Garage
19 years, I know the 147 & GT are getting on in years but they aren't that old yet Scary to think that the 156 isn't far off that now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGTV View Post
If you aren't already aware there are two versions of the hinge available, see here for the part numbers http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post3379852 (exterior door handle broke :()

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 01-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Thought the addition of "Yet" would raise a comment or two

Typos1 - Yeah the GT, handle decided to give up on me yesterday. Had just managed to get a rear wheel bearing and powerflex rear arb bushes done, thought the car was finally starting to come together and it throws another spanner in the works! lol

Cheers David. Will check the ebay links soon, dam work computer wont let me look at ebay!!
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
19 years, I know the 147 & GT are getting on in years but they aren't that old yet
Thats whay I said "up to"
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 12-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Finally got round to replacing the hinge. Managed to do it without removing the window or the lock section of the handle. I have the old style hinge, but could only find the new style replacement.
The difference in the hinges is on the handle side, old style has its fittings at 90 degree where as the new stype is at 45. Fortunately the broken part of mine was on the door side so I manged to combine the new the new door side with the old handle side (hybrid door hinge ). I will say you need to keep the old screw that holds the hinge inside the door handle as the thread is different on the two styles.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
broken , door , handle , hinge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page