2.0 GT JTS 2006 - Petrol Leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-06-16 Thread Starter
County: -
2.0 GT JTS 2006 - Petrol Leak

Hi All

I recently bought an '06 GT, absolutely love the car but have some work to do to get her in tip top shape but just today petrol started leaking from underneath the engine. When the engine is turned off it doesn't leak but when turned on it leaks at quite a rate. Its currently parked at work and will call my breakdown service tomorrow to take a look. Just curious if anyone has had a similar experience and has an idea what could be up?, I appreciate it could be many things and will take a closer look tomorrow

PS- Earlier in the day it failed to start and took quite a few goes to get going , this was followed by the engine management light coming on for 10 mins or so then the petrol leak later on in the day on the way home from work.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cork

Check all fuel pipes and their quick release connectors which can leak.
Particularly I f work was done to the head recently, have a look at the injectors at the back of the engine. You will notice a strong smell of petrol and possibly lumpy running and bad starting. The injector seal can be damaged when they are put back in to the engine and they start leaking after a while. If it's the injectors you need a new seal and spacer kit and re-fit them with red grease carefully.
Hope this helps.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

2006 , jts , leak , petrol