I envy the person that will pick this up. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 10Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

I envy the person that will pick this up.

Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM 16v Cloverleaf Q2 2dr

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejay View Post
Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM 16v Cloverleaf Q2 2dr

It is a real beauty but it has been for sale for nearly a year. May be over priced or there is something amiss.
(Post Link) post #3 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Over a year, really wow. Must be something really wrong. The mileage is low, body looks clean.

AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Overpriced.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
thing is..

Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Sport 3dr its a bit more expensive yes but a private sale that no doubt will end up going for 11k.

sorry for posting an Audi but for most people given the choice..., the Alfa is about £1500-2000 over priced..as much as I love it it's still got swirl flaps ,crap stock suspension and rubbish front calipers.

I would buy one at half that price spend 3k on it and end up with a much better car.
_The_Editor_ and Hawks82 like this.
AO Silver Member

It's a nice one for sure...

Lovely colour, factory Xenons, sport button, Blue&Me etc... But OEM everything.. All those original rubber hoses are gonna be ready for replacing, still costs the same to maintain as a £3k GT, Swirl Flaps need sorting as Joe says...
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
Yup way over priced.
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
What about this one then?

It really caught my eye

http://www.lovealfa.co.uk/vehicle/al...-coupe-582008/

Anyone know anything about the dealer?
(Post Link) post #9 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post

It really caught my eye

I bought mine from the dealer, I'd recommend them honest bunch.

(Post Link) post #10 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post

Lovely colour, factory Xenons, sport button, Blue&Me etc... But OEM everything.. All those original rubber hoses are gonna be ready for replacing, still costs the same to maintain as a £3k GT, Swirl Flaps need sorting as Joe says...
It sounds like your not taking the low mileage into account or are you?

(Post Link) post #11 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:

Would you get a 3K GT in as good nick. Also not sure how many 170 GT are left.

ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
thing is..

Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Sport 3dr its a bit more expensive yes but a private sale that no doubt will end up going for 11k.

sorry for posting an Audi but for most people given the choice..., the Alfa is about £1500-2000 over priced..as much as I love it it's still got swirl flaps ,crap stock suspension and rubbish front calipers.

I would buy one at half that price spend 3k on it and end up with a much better car.
Joey, can't believe you posted a TT on here.

(Post Link) post #13 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR View Post

It really caught my eye

It's missing a sports button and probably won't have the Q2 diff.

County: -
The number plate has some residual value too.
(Post Link) post #15 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_out View Post
The number plate has some residual value too.
Yep, the number did catch my eye. I'm surprised it's been on loveAlfa for so long as I do log into their site every so often to see what they have..

(Post Link) post #16 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:

Hoses, I've had mine nearly a year it's clocking 60k miles my hoses are fine or should I change them now. What could go wrong with my hoses that I need to pre-empt?
Quote:

AO Silver Member

Don't worry tejay not going over to the darkside it was just for perspective..
tejay likes this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
It sounds like your not taking the low mileage into account or are you?
Buy on condition not milage, time takes it's toll on the rubber components just as much as milage does!

The engines are robust... Get the EGR/Flaps sorted and change the oil every 6k, and the engine will easily out-last the rest of the car.

As for a £3k GT.. Sure you won't find a 170 in good nick for 3k, but you can get a decent JTDm for 3k... Maybe stretch to £4-5k and get a lovely Blackline in top form...

Send it to Autolusso and spend £3-4k with Ned, and you'll end up with a better car and at least £1-2k in your pocket compared to this £10.5k Clover..
Autolusso and Mav666 like this.

AO Silver Member

Agree completely with the Editor..

Thats the way to go with these,you can now get a blackline for 3k. ..might be 100k on it but that doesn't matter provided the underside is rust free and the bidywork is clean.

Spend 3-4 k on it and it will be immense.

Hybrid turbo and remap ,suspension and arb's ,quaife diff,swirl flap and egr delete,de cat down pipe and if you can stretch to it a GTA brake upgrade.

Job done.
(Post Link) post #20 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Agree completely with the Editor..

Thats the way to go with these,you can now get a blackline for 3k. ..might be 100k on it but that doesn't matter provided the underside is rust free and the bidywork is clean.

Spend 3-4 k on it and it will be immense.

Hybrid turbo and remap ,suspension and arb's ,quaife diff,swirl flap and egr delete,de cat down pipe and if you can stretch to it a GTA brake upgrade.

Job done.
Nearly there with mine swirls and egr done, hybrid turbo (turns it into a different car) brakes and suspension next. I may have spent a little too much but it's only worth as much as you'll pay (right). I do agree on the work done by Ned, really happy with his attention to detail and work on my GT to date.

ALFADOIT likes this.

Last edited by tejay; 24-06-16 at 20:27.
Club Member

Quote:

Rather have a 3k GT? Something special about owning a low mileage GT though. I had mine from early 30k's as long as you plan on keeping her. The red clover 170 looks like an end of line car too. And that plate is worth a bit.

This is the thing, an untouched blank canvas low mileage car for 10k is ok i think. It shows our cars are holding their money. I also feel as strange as it sounds especially in the economic climate where diesels are getting a bashing, these cars are becoming more desirable, as people start to realise their potential when properly and correctly modified. Especially the models with the larger injectors and up rated fuel pumps ripe for tuning. I came from modified Audi TT's and honestly i can say i love my modified clover much more as a fast road car, the way she communicates back to me, and as a track car too. The haldex quattro on the TT used to drive me bonkers, you could never truly feel what the bloody chassis was really doing on the limit. My clover just digs in for grip and is more forgiving and intuitive on the limit.

Damien.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Rather have a 3k GT? Something special about owning a low mileage GT though. I had mine from early 30k's as long as you plan on keeping her. The red clover 170 looks like an end of line car too. And that plate is worth a bit.

This is the thing, an untouched blank canvas low mileage car for 10k is ok i think. It shows our cars are holding their money. I also feel as strange as it sounds especially in the economic climate where diesels are getting a bashing, these cars are becoming more desirable, as people start to realise their potential when properly and correctly modified. Especially the models with the larger injectors and up rated fuel pumps ripe for tuning. I came from modified Audi TT's and honestly i can say i love my modified clover much more as a fast road car, the way she communicates back to me, and as a track car too. The haldex quattro on the TT used to drive me bonkers, you could never truly feel what the bloody chassis was really doing on the limit. My clover just digs in for grip and is more forgiving and intuitive on the limit.

Damien.

it comes down to the difference between worth and value....your car is ''worth'' more than mine in monetary terms but i would argue as a ''possession'' they have similar value to us as owners, performance is similar although i would be the first to admit your's edges it as you have taken considerable time effort and money to get the perfect car, I have not gone to quite the same lengths..but mine is a peach no doubt compared to most.

my problem with going really low mileage is the only thing you gain is monetary value which as the car gets older and you put more miles on it of course is diminished..I would rather the car have already suffered the depreciation when i get it provided everything is mechanically sound and the bodywork is good. the figure to do what we have done is the same whether the car is an 07 with 100k on the clock or a 10 plate with 25k on the clock. doing it on the £3k older car saves you some where around 6-7k in total.

so its simple, spend 10k on the car and then another 5 sorting it or 3k on the car and another 5k sorting it....I think 5k for a newer number plate a lower reading on the odometer and some bigger injectors and higher pressure pump is bloody steep! and given some standard cars are now making 260 bhp on the Autolusso hybrid set up I don't see the point.

a final point, a fiat /alfa tech I trust told the service life of the JTDm engine is 300k! on that basis the engine mileage is not a huge consideration provided the bits around it are wearing well..

that said you know I think your car is epic and likely the best one in the country, the money you have spent would not have made sense on a cheaper car and you required what you bought to achieve your aims...you wanted perfect and that is what you have, and i have to respect that.

Autolusso and ALFADOIT like this.

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.
Club Member

Quote:
it comes down to the difference between worth and value....your car is ''worth'' more than mine in monetary terms but i would argue as a ''possession'' they have similar value to us as owners, performance is similar although i would be the first to admit your's edges it as you have taken considerable time effort and money to get the perfect car, I have not gone to quite the same lengths..but mine is a peach no doubt compared to most.

my problem with going really low mileage is the only thing you gain is monetary value which as the car gets older and you put more miles on it of course is diminished..I would rather the car have already suffered the depreciation when i get it provided everything is mechanically sound and the bodywork is good. the figure to do what we have done is the same whether the car is an 07 with 100k on the clock or a 10 plate with 25k on the clock. doing it on the £3k older car saves you some where around 6-7k in total.

so its simple, spend 10k on the car and then another 5 sorting it or 3k on the car and another 5k sorting it....I think 5k for a newer number plate a lower reading on the odometer and some bigger injectors and higher pressure pump is bloody steep! and given some standard cars are now making 260 bhp on the Autolusso hybrid set up I don't see the point.

a final point, a fiat /alfa tech I trust told the service life of the JTDm engine is 300k! on that basis the engine mileage is not a huge consideration provided the bits around it are wearing well..

that said you know I think your car is epic and likely the best one in the country, the money you have spent would not have made sense on a cheaper car and you required what you bought to achieve your aims...you wanted perfect and that is what you have, and i have to respect that.

Thanks Joe and i get your point i really do. But although i understand the financial sense and depreciation hit. I feel if you have the money its always better to get a one owner lower mileage car with decent history. Although i had the swirl flap hell, the rest of my car was like new when i bought her. I did pay over the odds with Veloce's of London and that does make me sick, they finely choose their stock and price high. But i am happy with my car and the condition and wear. Yes i am a bit particular and ocd which does not help, but i think GT's at the 3k mark and higher mileages still might need a bit of work. In fact the GT jtd on the whole needs a hell of a lot sorting and covering to make them a proper performance motor.
Saying that appreciation of your pride and joy is not connected to how much it is worth. I honestly believe if i had the means, or a lottery win to purchase my dream car, a Porsche 911 GT3, i would like it the same as i do my GT.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

Lack of red leather and jet-fins on the later GTs means i would probably steer towards the older ones anyway. Although the blacklines and the clovers do have some really nice finishing touches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Walker View Post
It is a real beauty
Not with the later type large door mirrors the run out cars had it isnt !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
envy , person , pick