GT Wipers not working help please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire
GT Wipers not working help please

I know this has been covered loads before and I have tried things that have been mentioned.

Got my car back after having some work done to it and the wipers would only work on the fastest setting or when the stalk was held up and would not self reset.

They worked so I stuck with them for the time being but when free this weekend thought I would open up the motor and have a look inside for anything that was obviously out of place. Everything seemed fine but the 2 contacts on the rotor didn't seem like they were making good contact so bent them slightly to do so.

Then nothing worked, even the washer jets. (Yes I did remove the negative terminal before doing any of this)

Looked and Fuse F43 was blown and replaced with another fuse. Washer jets worked, but no wipers.

Picked up a used motor today and this has been suggested in many threads to be the issue. Fitted and I'm back to the wipers working, but only on the fastest and 'held on' setting without self resetting.

Note that the trip computer toggle works when it wants to as well, always used to work fine, so could it be something to do with the stalk?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
What work had they done to the car?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

wipers , working