Aerial Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 13-12-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Aerial Problems

I have just recently bought a second hand Alfa 156, it doesnt have the factory fitted CD Player.

The CD player doesnt seem to receive FM but does receive MW and LW and the CD player works. This leads me to think that it may be the aerial connection.

Does anyone know how to access the aerial, as I understand it its in the rear windscreen or just under? How do I access it and what do I check to see if it is an aerial fault?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
Re: Aerial Problems

have you checked its connected at the back of the head unit? its possible when the aftermarket unit was fitted that the ariel was skipped...

welcome to the forums btw
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

156 selespeed

Hi swagner, this may be an urban myth but I thought the aerial was the rear demister wire. Is your demister worker and connected correctly. I do agree that the likely scenario is that the new head unit wasn't wired up fully.
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 14-12-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

The rear demister works fine. The radio worked when i got the car and FM reception was fine. I may have gone over a bump and dislodged the aerial slightly causing a poor signal through the aerial?

I thought if i could look at the aerial it may be simple enough to plug back in but i cant figure out how to get to it?! I have checked the back of the actual CD player and the aerial input there is fine.

Any more ideas...?
AO Silver Member
County: Durham

you'll never find an aerial because it is the demister element on the glass. if your demister works then it is obviously connected which means your only possible problem is the connection behind the headunit or the headunit's internal tuner is faulty.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Aerial uses the two thin lines at the top of the rear screen (above the demister). Behind the side panel next to the rear seat and to the rear of the o/s passenger door is the aerial amp which can sometime come adrift.

Some radios have an adaptor for the aerial connection so make sure it hasn't come adrift further down from the headunit.

But the fact you are getting a signal on the MW & LW suggests a possible problem with the headunit ... most 156 radios get FM but struggle with MW!

Some ra

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

aerial , problems