Coil packs cracked - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Coil packs cracked

I have been having a very bad Kangaroo problem when the engine is cold and hesitation/misfire/minor kangaroo around 3000 rpm when warm.

Having had the injectors cleaned with a fuel supplement by my local independent and no error codes stored, I decided to do my own investigations as he wanted to just replace the spark plugs (which were done 45K KM ago).

On dismounting the coil packs I have found all 4 are cracked in the lower body to varying degrees. I cant see any arcing in the dark, but then they are bolted down when in place and maybe the cleaning I did has minimised the arcing...

The measured resistance was a little weird so would appreciate someone who knows confirming what I should be measuring. The secondary resistance (between the two HT ends) was about 23.5K. However, the primary resistance was very low, in fact so low I cant exactly remember how low, because I was fixated on the cracks I found.

Any experiences greatly received as I dont want to go down the usual lambda, spark plugs, throttle actuator route that everyone else seems to go through for no fix .

Cheers, G

156 2.0TS SP3 LHD >145,000Km Alfa Rosso - With cured kangaroo (courtesy of a 15 quid clutch switch Thanks for nothing Alfa )

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

coil , cracked , packs