F**ckin Safety bolts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Nicosia
F**ckin Safety bolts

had the idea of changing the tyres from back to front, cause in front wasnt much thread on em... anyway was a cloudy day and i was going to wash the car but after i thought about it i decided to change the tyres... i started with the back left wheel, all good with the 4 bolts until i started unscrewing the 'safety' bolt or the 'PITA' bolt... the damn thing wouldnt unscrew...
i tried 4 different tools, 2 cans of wd-40 lol and spent about 30 minutes before i managed to take it off... what about the other 3? pff.. wasted the first unscrewing bolt-on and nothing.. went to the local tyre fitter told him the case and he tried with the airpowerd gun. result: 2nd bolt-on wasted. the damn thing with the safety bolts really cracked my nerves as it was starting raining and things. i got hungry and stuff, my mobile phone was swithing off all the time and generally the day was ****.
i visited a friend of mine, a mechanic as my last resort for something good ffs and there was it. an old 16 polyhex pipe brutaly forced to the 'safety' bolts with the help of a big hammer OK it wasnt the best thing but in my condition it was a leap forward. after 5 minutes the remaining 3 bolts were off with a smile on my face and in 15minutes the tyres were changed too..

what a fckin experience. safety bolts my ass. threw them away and i swear i wont use that kind o **** neeever! i know that practically and logically its a wise thing, if you take care of the screwing unscrewing process and do it frequently but it seems that the previous owner must had them for ages. anyway, all good in the end, but pleaase check your bolts once a time. dont know what would it happend if i had a flat tyre when driving back home after college in a 45 mile trip. jesus!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Re: F**ckin Safety bolts

they are a PITA, tyre fitting apes aways over torqu them and no-one ever copper slips them either.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bolts , fckin , safety