GT driver's window not working HELP!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-16 Thread Starter
County: West Midland
GT driver's window not working HELP!!!

I have a 2006 GT, the driver's window doesn't go down when pressed but when the door is open and the glass drops down a few inches the glass goes up when pressed. So it appears the window works going up but not down however I ain't been able to check this with the window being fully down.

I've tried the soft reset several times but hasn't worked. Is there anything else I can check/try.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Well..this means the WCU is working...and the window motor.

I would say the problem is with the switch, Remove clean and re-fit as a first move...if no joy then you have either a connection issue or banjaxed window switch.

Switches are not cheap so I would see if you can test it by finding a GT owner with a working switch and swap out to test..if this solves the issue buy new switch.

Good luck.

p.s your drivers side switch is a canbus node so you will need proxy alignment if you switch it for another, as said before also check there is no physical reason the window not to go down.

Last edited by joeymannero; 03-05-16 at 16:36.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

2005 GT 3.2 V6

Old story, when I open my door it decides to do a little dance for me, up/down/up/down, then it stops. Sometimes it doesn't go all the way up and leaves a nice gap for rain to come in, sometimes it opens half, three quarters, just all dependents in which mood the Alfa is, what angle the door is open..etc.etc. Had switch replaced already. Try and disconnect your battery for 45mins, then re-connect, soft reset a la all the way down, then all the way up etc.

You said it doesn't go down, but when you open the door it goes down that inch?
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Does it go down if you help it, ie push down the glass when you press the down button ?
if so, perhaps try lubricating the windowguides with either sillicone oil or teflon/ptfe oil .....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

driver , window , working