sorry but I`m getting abit disheartened - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 30-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Moaning sorry but I`m getting abit disheartened

Hi all

Just come back from the school run and the family shopping run quicker and cheaper if i do it for some reason the car is acting weird and now clunking.

First the orange engine light on the dash and the pic appeared after close inspection under the bonnet the blue plug on the top left of the engine had worked loose it was not clipped in properly how do i get rid of the light and picture on the message centre.

second there`s now an odd clunk from the passenger front wheel area which only appears on roughish road could this be the arb, wishbones bushes etc.

I really like the car and i`m a patient person but all the probs i`m having lately are slowly getting to me.

any ideas i want to get them sorted and start enjoying again.

Sponsored Links
Re: sorry but I`m getting abit disheartened

The error may need to be cleared by plugging up the car to a diagnostics wotsit, I assume after plugging the connection back all is OK now?

As for the clunk, that sounds like it could be the ARB. Mine needs doing and I get a clunk every now and then, I also have a bit of play in the upper wishbone bush and that produces a squeak rather than a clunk.
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex

ARB links cause the clunking sound.

As Eddie says you need the AlfaDiag to reset the light.
AO Gold Member

After a few more starts the warning may dissapear, (failing that it will need reset by a diagnostic tool) the clunk is probably an anti roll bar drop link, cheap component, but usually siezed.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

cheers everyone

The light has gone off on its own btu the car is going into peak alfa anyway has i`ve got a small diesel clatter advise the variator.

the thing is i had the belts done when i got the car but in the alfa history it says the variator was done at 64k my mileage is roughly 68500 so i didn`t change it thinking it wouldbe ok silly me.

well it will have a new variator and oil change because i don`t know what oil the garage who changed the belts put in it better to be safe than sorry due to the car has a ticking noise could be timing or poor oil since belts done
but driving and fuel consumption is better than before the belts/service.

What company or ies do people use on the site for bits did a google search but its better to use places that people are very happy with.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

abit , disheartened , i`m