Leaning 147; Please help. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147

Leaning 147; Please help.

Hi there, Iím new and was hoping that someone may be able to help. I have a 147 and noticed a grinding sound when I turned nearly full lock to the right this became a bit worse this morning and sounding louder and more like rubbing so when I parked up I looked at the car head on and it is leaning toward the driverís side. The only other thing I have noticed is a slight creak when going over speed bumps, but this does not happen often and normally only when the weather and the car are cold. Not quite sure what is wrong I guess it could be a cracked spring or a leaking strut and will try and get it up at the weekend for a better look. Not too keen to take it straight to a garage as I only just paid out for the insurance last week.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: Leaning 147; Please help.

It sounds remarkably like a broken spring to me. If there was a problem with the dampers the car would almost certainly stay at the correct height. The spring supports the car, whilst the damper damps the springs movement if you see what I mean.
AO Member
Re: Leaning 147; Please help.

WARNING I had this with my alfa 33. Driving out the car park the broken spring dislodged, made a large hole in the tyre, and the car ground to a sudden stop. Would not like this to happen to you on the motorway or anywhere else. i got mine trailered away for repair.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , leaning