156 Climate Direction Controls - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-11-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 156

156 Climate Direction Controls

Hi all... i'm new to the forum and could really do with some adivce!

I bought my first alfa a couple of months ago, a 2000 Alfa 156 Selespeed, and thought i had a real bargain... ha ha ha!

I have since discovered that the right indicator is tempremental, chosing randomly when to work and when to not (sounds as tho there is a bulb out but none are working, not even on the dash), also, the brake lights are tempremental which prevents me getting the selespeed into gear. Last week, the car died at 70 mph with a picture on the dash of what looks like an injector... this fault cleared when i restarted. And no i've just discovered that the air direction control on the climate doesn't seem to do anything... it is always on screen and feet. the other climate controls seem to work.

have i bought myself a lemon here or are these all sort of standard 156 faults?

To top it all... i managed to peel off the insulation tape that was covering the airbag warning light, which of course is on! should have picked that one up tho!

Any ideas guys?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Re: 156 Climate Direction Controls

If whoever sold it to you covered up the airbag light with insulating tape then who knows what else could be wrong with it. Sounds like you got a dodgy one, sorry to hear that - the 156 really is an awesome car, when it works!
AO Member
County: -
Re: 156 Climate Direction Controls

re the climate direction controls - sounds like someone has disconnected the battery, to do some work, then reconnected and started her up before the flaps had fully reset.

Another disconnect/reconnect, and then let the motors go quiet before starting the ignition should sort it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , climate , controls , direction