156 JTS Selespeed - endangered species? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 06-04-16 Thread Starter
County: Australia
156 JTS Selespeed - endangered species?

Hi all,
Recently joined this group looking for technical info re above. Whilst there is any amount of valuable stuff available on here, most threads were started AGES ago ('06 - 2012), and in the main, posts have dropped off to a trickle ('15 - '16). It makes me wonder whether most 156 owners in the past have simply found it too difficult to keep one of these models on the road ?
I'm not daunted by the mechanics being a racing motorcycle mechanic for many years and I am getting on top of the electronics/diagnostics, also the car is going very nicely indeed (as of today
Just wondered whether other owners have conquered all the issues and don't need to refer to this forum very often, or have most of these cars now Gone to God? Cheers Bob.

PS On a drive, 300 - 400km in New South Wales, you may well encounter another Alfa, even two, but in 5 months, have not seen another 156 on the roads here. Makes you wonder........
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 06-04-16 Thread Starter
County: Australia
Should probably clarify, I'm in Australia..
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

05 156v6 veloce

Welcome and good luck keeping your sele going,ive always wanted a sele 156/147 but with limited knowledge im far to much of a wuss to own one.I have a 156v6 Q system (traditional auto with h gate shift) as the next best thing and having had a motorcycle accident clutchless is the only way for me nowadays...

Sorry im no help regarding your car but im glad your keeping it on the road..
AO Member
County: -
After spending way too much time on reading up all I can about it (and then the car selling before I had time to go see it) it boils down to neither the owners nor the dealerships knowing how to take care of them. The calibrations and so on. From what I've learned, the number one thing to do is get a diagnostic tool, that can calibrate the clutch rod. Should be done at least once I year from what I've read. Google all you can, as there are other forums and websites that have more information.

Good luck.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
I'm running a 156 2.0 jts selespeed and no problems here. I find it more refined than Q system I had in a V6 and I never really like the 6 speed manual in my other V6, although that was more to do with the strange clicking sensation through the clutch pedal.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , endangered , jts , selespeed , species