Rear Seats in a 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-11-07 Thread Starter
Rear Seats in a 156

Hello everyone.

I am new to Alfa but have been an admirer for a long time.

I bought my 02 156 JTD last week and it has been to the garage already! But I have a smile back on my face as the problem was an incorrectly fitted fuel filter which my local garage fixed for a nominal fee. The garage that performed the service prior to me collecting the car made the error.

There are some things you just assume will be present and correct (maybe I am just naive in this respect) when buying a car however my vehicle does not appear to have buckles for the three rear seat belts!!!

The manual states that the buckles can be pushed into the small recess in the seat when they are not in use but mine are either not there or have been pushed all the way under the rear seat.

There is a little bit of movement in the rear seat but I once pulled the seat up on a fiesta only to discover that it was not designed to be moved at all and it never really went back down. I don't want to try that on this car without taking advice. Are the fittings at the front of the seat hinges or should I fetch my socket set in order to have a look under the seat?

Many thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Rear Seats in a 156

presume it's the same as my '00 156, in which case you need an allen key to undo the 2 bolts at the front that hold the seat base on. There's nothing at the rear of the seat base that holds it down. And yeah the buckles have probably just slipped down under the seat

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , rear , seats