Next was to fit the fan. First I made sure to put it all in position in the housing so it would fit properly then I marked where to put it.
I screwed it on with short screws that wouldnt hit the circuit board in the infocenter.
Next was to wire it in.
There are 2 lives in the infocenter, a constant live and an ignition live. There is also about 4 earths.
You need to wire it to the ignition otherwise the fan will contantly run even when the car is off.
The ignition wire is orange with a white stripe.
The earth I used was black with a red stripe, but any of the earths can be used.
Joined them up and it works perfect. The fan comes on with the key just as I wanted. The fan I used has a 3rd wire, I just cut it away, I think its a speed control.
Next is to put it all back together. The only difference going back together is the positioning of the wiring for the infocenter. It normally goes from the plug and straight under the screen. Because the fan is in the way I had to route it under the side of the screen.
After that its all just a reverse process of how it came apart.
I then went on a 12mile drive to test it out with the heat on full. Good results so far, it doesnt fade. I wont call it perfect because the fan eventually will recerculate warm air because its sealed from getting cool air. Im going to take it apart again and try get a cool air feed and vent the hot air but so far so good. Also, the fan I used was old and noisey. I went onto ebay and bougth a new silent one for £2 so when it comes Ill make the venting and report back agian.
I hope this helps people.