New MAF sensor/spark plugs/something else?
I come to the forum freaking out about my 2002 147 Sele (done 175000 ks).
Recently I've been having these problems:
- loss of power, especially when accelerating
- engine makes a crackling sound when under heavy load
- fuel economy has gotten significantly worse
After doing some research the potential causes appear to be either a failed MAF sensor or the car needing new spark plugs, and I was planning to get both checked out and whatever needs to be fixed at service time in the next few days.
However since yesterday in city driving I've also had:
- smoke coming from the clutch
- the whole engine vibrating before grinding to a stop, and i've had to turn it off and restart.
I feel like this is a clutch problem, but is it a matter of an adjustment or (please god no, this is my daily driver and I'm a bit financially strapped right now) needing a full replacement? Or just more sensor issues?
Thanks in advance, I just want to know what to expect before I take it to the mechanics.