Tones and his V6 boot problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Tones and his V6 boot problem

Newbie Tones sent me a PM but his message box is full. I suspect he has perhaps PM`d a number of people with the same message? Anyway, here if the problem which someone may know the answer to...

Originally Posted by Tones
Hi Pal,

I wanted to ask your advice. I have a 156 V6 2000(W) reg.

I have dented my bumper and my boot lid and therefore was required to get new parts. I went and picked up the parts from an Alfa breakers-yard and picked up a boot lid and bumper in really good condition. I have a small concern - the parts where off a 51 plate 2001 156 1.8 t.spark. My alfa is A 2000(W) reg and wanted to make sure these parts would fit on to my car once they have been sprayed by the body shop.

Give me a shout back when you can.

To which I attempted to reply...

Hi Mate,
I have absolutely no idea! I`m an engine man, not a body man. I don`t think there is any difference between models of differing engine size from the same year, but you will have a pre-facelift car so must have the parts from a pre-facelift donor. I don`t know if a 51 plate is pre-facelift or not as i don`t really pay attention to that sort of thing!
Post a thread and you should be ok, there will be people who have done this before and if nothing else you should be able to do a search to find out when the facelift versions came out.
Good luck

Maybe someone else can be more specific for the guy - unless he has PM'd the entire forum in which case

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

boot , problem , tones