My new 2.0 TS 156 SW - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By Nikolai
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Stockholm
My new 2.0 TS 156 SW

Actually had the car for about 3 weeks but finally got around to grabbing some pics of the car now that its not covered in crap from the road! (Thank god spring is here )

Its a November 2000 built car so its one of the very first CF3s and has the SP2 pack (I believe). Car was originally bought in Belgium in December 2000 but was imported to Sweden in January 2002 and has only had 3 previous owners before me. Had 158k km (98k miles) on the clock when I bought it (159k now) and the interior is almost brand new. I can tell its been looked after during its ownership and I certainly intend to continue that trend. Would be nice if the manual wasn't in French though!

Cambelt was last done in December 2012 (125k km) so its on the list of work to be done over the summer once I am back in the workforce. Only paid about 1400 quid for it so the body work has some swirl marks and superficial scratches but generally I am pretty happy with it. Definitely not concourse but for the price and its age I would say its in excellent condition.

As to be expected the suspension needs an overhaul (bushes are ok but will be replaced with Strongflex or Powerflex) and between the cats and the flexi pipe I have a small crack which I will be getting welded up sometime this week or next so that it can pass its MOT later this month. I am thinking of grabbing the Novitec Cup Suspension Kit as I have heard positive things about them and they come in at a good price. Would also like to put a stainless exhaust on over the summer but trying to convince the missus might be a challenge!

The 156 definitely feels better put together than my '02 GTV I had back in Australia and the 156 is a lot more comfortable as one would expect. I'm looking forward to enjoying some fantastic road trips in her once the weather warms up a bit. Planning some trips to Norway and northern Sweden during the summer and can't wait to hit the road in my new baby and enjoy some of the twistier mountainous roads during the summer

Looking forward to learning about the quirks of the 156!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160217_18_41_51_Pro.jpg (91.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160217_18_42_10_Pro.jpg (97.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160217_18_42_21_Pro.jpg (97.3 KB, 9 views)

2000 Alfa 156 Sportwagon 2.0 TS CF3

2002 Alfa GTV 2.0 TS CF3
1983 Porsche 944
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS

Very nice! Dark paint, tan leather, great combination. If I could have found an SW when I was looking for a 156 I'd have bought one but so many were worn out and scruffy. Yours looks good.
AussieAlex likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT