156 Heating system - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-11-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 Heating system

I've been driving an S reg 156 for almost 2 years now. Recently the heating fan started making a horrible squealing noise every so often. Like I always do I thought to myself if I leave it alone long enough it will sort itself out Of course it didn't and now I have no heating system at all! The fan dosen't work at all, completely dead, no air conditioning either, the only thing that still works is the back window heater.

Bearing in mind the time of year I've got to now bite the bullet and get it sorted out but I've heard some horror stories about the potential costs involved. I recently had the car serviced and there were no problems there so the car itself is ok, just the heating system is up the swanee.

The cam belt snapped a year ago and that cost me 1300 and bearing in mind the age of the car now I don't want another bill like that! I've booked the car in for exploratry surgery but was wondering if you guys had any ideas on why the fan would die along with the aircon, is this normal?

Many thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , heating , system