AO Platinum Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Re: Powerflexing the rear hub bushes - need some help please!
1) yes you should use a torque wrench.
don't forget to use it on the wheelbolts too
2) you can just have the rear on stands, no need to lift the front.
3) that is the bolt that passes through the bush.
Most are fitted with the bolt entering from the outside, so you can't get the bolt out with the brake disc in place, unless the bush is completely shagged and you can get the bolt to an angle to get past the disc.
Yes you can refit the bolt the other way round.
4) yes, grease with coppaslip.
5) they are flexible and should squeeze in, hammer best avoided.
Audi TT 3.2v6 DSG
xAlfa 156 Selespeed sp3 + Brembo conversion
Fiat Cinquecento 899cc
Last edited by David C; 09-11-07 at 17:25.