New Valve behind bumper? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Wiltshire
New Valve behind bumper?

Hi, I have communicated this problem before and have had a mixed response.

Just quickly the problem is the washer system has a leak some where and i'm pretty sure the problem lies with the headlight washers as when there is water in the sytem they just fill up and leak down.

So I have been in contact with a guy called Jamie Porter at the Alfa workshop website discussing the problem and he has advised me the car needs a new valve which controls the flow, I assume of water, to the headlight washers.
It is a bumper off job but I have asked him for a name for this valve and the price as he said he could supply it but for what ever reason he hasn't got back to me yet and i'm hoping to it this sunday.

So basically I was just wondering if anyone knew what the name of it was, price and where I could look at getting one,

Thanks for your help in advance!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: New Valve behind bumper?

The guy called Jamie Porter is correct with his diagnosis in this case It is fairly obvious that the head in the washer bottle is above the washer jets for the headlamps, gravity dictates that the water will flow to the lowest point, in this case the headlamp washers. Alfa Romeo in order to defy the laws of gravity put a valve in the line that only opens above a certain pressure, ie when you use the washers, this valve has failed. We always try to give good advice free of charge but if people feel that we are not trustworthy I may as well not bother wasting my time.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

headlamp washer valve??? no idea sorry, i dont have my CD manual thing with me either or i would check. im sure someone will be along who can check it out for ya tho
AO Gold Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

Originally Posted by jamiealfa View Post
We always try to give good advice free of charge but if people feel that we are not trustworthy I may as well not bother wasting my time.
I don't think that was the case. Just looking for a second opinion/extra help I guess!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bumper , valve