- First of all determine if you have plastic or metal swirl flaps. It looks identical to my plastic flaps.
- Just because the bar has come off, doesn't mean a flap has broken off
- My bar was off for 2 years and I did nothing about it
- You will probably have some pressure leaking from the spindles that it attached on to. Is their black oil around the spindles?
- I used to get a bit of blue smoke and slightly rough idle on a cold start, with a small drop in boost at higher revs
If you haven't got oil residue that I mentioned above, you can just re-attach the bar. You can buy a securing kit of ebay.
If you have got oil residue, I would recommend blocking those holes.
If you have the plastic swirl flaps and you have oil residue.....you could actually do nothing! I did for 2 years.
The plastic flaps are not as much of a problem as the metal flaps and don't tend to break off, I believe. Or if they do, they just get munched up.