Bulb warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Bulb warning light

I replaced the driver side rear brake light lense the other day. Then the brake light stopped working; the bulb warning light started coming on the revcounter; I replaced the bulb, still the same thing.

Asking around, people started mentioning that the revcounter could be the problem. Yesterday the bulb warning light started coming on full time. My wife checked the rear brake lights, now the driver's side brake light works, but the passenger side doesn't. What's going on?
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: Bulb warning light

I am afraid it sounds like the prob I had. Does the warning light go of when you put your headlights on? Thats what happened to me it appears that the the sensor for detecting blown bulbs is the culprit. Unfortunately this is housed within the rev counter. I ended up replacing it ....... not a cheap option tho unless u can get one from the breakers.... Sorri its not an easy fix.
AO Member

Did the warning light just come on when you used the brakes. Before panicking I would go round and check all the lights.

When does the warning light come on......is it there all of the time or just when you put on the sidelights or when you brake?
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

I had some cheap Halfrauds bulbs that set the warning light off ... replaced them with more expensive Bosch bulbs (also from Halfrauds!), and problem disappeared ...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bulb , light , warning