Spare Key Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 03-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2,0TS

Spare Key Problems

This might sound a little confusing but i'm going to have a go as i have learnt more about my car from this forum than anywhere else..

This story starts with me sending my 2006 2.0 147 in to have the clutch master cylinder replaced(it was creaking badly) thanks to AO for the solution to that.. so i had to collect my car after hours and decided that if i was going to walk the 10kms to get there i was going to make sure nothing stopped me from driving it back... hence i took along my spare key... i got there and as expected the key was locked away, so not a problem i have the spare... press the button car unlocks... turn the key and the engine turns.. but then imobilliser failure.. the alfa guys though it was something to do with the battery so they checked that but it was fine. We called the service manager.. who also though it was the battery.. but thankfully gave us a way to get to my main key.. which then worked fine.. they said i should check it when i got home which i did and the same result everything works but the engine won't catch. I will have to go in on monday and find out exactly what is wrong or why it didn't work.. but figured if i post here chances are if i even have to go back i will be able to tell them what the problem is.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

key , problems , spare