jtd oil! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
jtd oil!

i am thinking about doing an oil change on my 156 as i have just got it and dont know what crap the garage put in it, anyone know the best oil for a 2001 156 2.4 jtd and the best type of filter, also is it worth ungrading the air filter or fitting an induction kit, i think it might knock the mpg, any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: jtd oil!

I think there's another thread on JTD oil.
Castrol Edge 10W60 fully Synthetic or something but I'm sure you'll find the thread.

The best filters are probably genuine Alfa ones and for a pound or 2 more why not?

The JTD engine has a lot of power to give through chipping it.
An induction kit makes a lovely noise on a petrol engine but debatable performance gains. It might sound pretty nasty on a diesel?

AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Re: jtd oil!

good induction sounds very good on a diesel 2.4JTD, but...
the air box is useless and mounting an iduction kit anywhere near the engine will only draw in hot air.
The only true answer is to FMIC and put the induction kit in the inner wing where the old IC was.

Failing that, see if a GTA intake pipe to the air box will fit, only 16quid including all the bolts and washers needed - and put a K&N/ramair filter in instead.

The problem with the JTD is all those stupid bends from the intake to the turbo, its a real crap design and thats where you need to look to sort things out, keeping that crap and mucking around with filters is all vanity, the real results require effort to sort out alfas big mistake.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , oil