Selespeed issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-01-16 Thread Starter
County: Hauts de Seine

Member car:

GT 2.0

Hmmm Selespeed issue

Hey Folks,

I'm having a quite frustrating issue on a GT 2.0 Selespeed.
A few days ago, after requesting 2nd gear, the selespeed went into neutral (while still indicating 1st on the dashboard). I pulled on the side, went back to neutral, then 1st, then the exact same issue happened when I tried to go into 2nd (neutral, with 1st still displayed on the dashboard).
That second time however, I couldn't get any gear selection to work, it just stay locked in that position.
I left the car turned off for half an hour then tried again with key on MAR, trying to select gears up & down randomly. It did change a few gears occasionaly but would fail most of the time until the battery died and that was it for the night.

My mechanics has checked everything he could on the car today, and called me quite disappointed saying everything looks fantastic on the Examiner: pressure is perfect, actuators and gear selections works great through the examiner, however he is unable to get any gear change through the lever in the car.
At this point he is clueless as to what is causing the issue and has no better option to offer than successively replacing parts until it starts working again, which we all agree is not much of a solution.

Would anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong? Any tip on procedures or checks that we could perform that might narrow it down?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Australia
You can check the ohms readings of the position sensors on the actuator. Its the cheapest start anyways. Otherwise just replace them out completely with a new set of 3. Make sure when you put them back in, that they go in correctly (45 offset and twist in, you are basically arming them with positive pressure). Check the finger pinch bolt. Heck if replace that too, costs like a buck fifty. Set correct torque on that sucker, takes a bit.

Also clean the selector switches on the gear lever. Worth a try. Use plenty of contact cleaner on everything. Clean that thing!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

issue , selespeed