Alfa 147 Won't crank` - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-01-16 Thread Starter
County: -
Alfa 147 Won't crank`

Having trouble with my 147 Selespeed, i purchased the car not going ( won't crank and the neutral light is flashing), i found some blown fuses and a few bad connections here and there but still no luck, i can get the car to run by bridging the starter motor but still won't select gears and the neutral light remains flashing. There are no trouble codes in the selespeed system and i have run a calibration with a Snap on scan tool with no luck, i can also individually check the clutch , servos etc and all seem to work fine, the only thing that appears on the scan tool when i go through the data is i can see 'engine start up' and next to that it says 'not allowed', i know the key is fine and there are no trouble codes in any of the systems, and the brake light switch is new. My next step is to find a good auto electrician but just thought i would put it out there first, thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
I'm surprised that a scan tool will do everything needed for a selespeed and would only consider MES downloaded and paid for but I might be wrong on that.

I am not sure what the free version will do with selespeed but perhaps consider trying that first. My experience is that V2.6 of FES (predecessor or MES) was one of the least locked of the free versions but again I don't have any experience with the selespeed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , crank`