alfa 147 2.0 twinspark oil leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-01-16 Thread Starter
County: -
alfa 147 2.0 twinspark oil leak

Hey guys I'd appreciate if someone could give me some advice if you've gone through something similar. I spent the whole day changing my cam belt using this guide The cam variator and after I was done I decided to turn on the car and see that everything was fine, and it was, it wasn't making and abnormal sound or anything weird, but I realised that it was leaking a lot of oil! (constant drops) It looks like it's coming from the crank shaft, but I'm not 100% sure, and it only happens when I turn it on, if its off then there's no leak

I'm just fearing I wrecked something, or that I didn't put the cam belt properly, do you guys know if its common that the crank shaft oil seal breaks while changing the cambelt? do you think it could have been that I put too much tension on it?
my car has 80k kilometres from 2003

Sorry for my silly post, changing the cam belt was challenging, so now kinda lost with this situation, my next move is going to remove all the belts and change the oil seal, I really hope it will work after it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12562771_10156380682950720_992737998_o.jpg (134.6 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
One mistake I saw was when bolts were put back into the threads in the end of the crank in order to turn it over. The pulley was not in place so they went in too far.
Result was that the oil pump housing was punctured.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , leak , oil , twinspark