Wiper blade replacement for 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 30-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.6TS

Wiper blade replacement for 147

Can anyone recommend any wiper blades for the 147 (2001)? Have looked into wiperblade.co.uk and found that the Bosch super plus is reasonably priced (cheaper than Halfords at least!) and have used them before too. But I was also just wondering if anyone has fitted any retro-fit FLAT blades that would fit on the older 147? The web sells this "Trupart" retro-fit but not sure if it's any better than Bosch, plus they don't seem to sell the passenger side together either. Does Bosch sell aerotwins retrofits for 147 and where would be a reliable source to find them?

PS> did a search on this forum and someone suggests this ebay shop: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-AEROTWIN...QQcategoryZ456 45QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Anyone else can give a positive feedback also?

Much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Down

Member car:

Re: Wiper blade replacement for 147

I took a gamble and got some AR531s (530 & 450) retrofit Aerotwins from wiperblades, 147s should be 550 & 400.

They fit in seconds, are completely silent, and I can see no obvious disadvantage to the slightly smaller drivers wiper.

I noticed after fitting them that the wiper arm, just touches the blade when parked, and (possibly as a result although I don't think so) the bottom 10mm of the drivers wiper doesn't make great contact with the window,
even this when added to the shorter length doesn't make a big difference to your overall view, considering that with the traditional wipers I had before the bottom of the drivers wiper jumped & skipped it's way across the screen anyway.

I've used wiperblades twice with no problems, both times the blades were delivered the next day,

oh and they look

AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

147 TI

I bought aerotwins from the ebay seller mentioned above, they arrived quickly, brand new as advertised, they fit easily (although did need a bit of force to push into place on the wiper arm) and they perform brilliantly. You won't regret it.

I enquired about this with our local AR dealer only a couple of days ago.

The result is that the flat blade wiper arms and blades as fitted to the current 147 models do indeed fit the older ones. I was quoted approximately 32 for each arm and around 10 for each blade, but don't know if that includes VAT or not (probably not).

This is the route I'm going when the existing blades are no longer serviceable. Not going to bother with aftermarket conversion parts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , blade , replacement , wiper