Gliptone - can you just use the shampoo??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6 TS Lusso

Gliptone - can you just use the shampoo???

Hi folks,

I decided to have another crack at the seats this weekend using the Gliptone leather cleaner and separate conditioner - its red leather in a 147. The cars just 12 months old, so the seats (only the front) are not all that dirty really, just a bit shiny and not matte like the rear ones.

I did have a try a few weeks back, but I think I rushed the cleaning stage and the seats stayed quite shiny.

Anyway, I invested in a soft nail brush and followed the instructions to the letter and the seats came up a treat - all the shiny-ness disappeared and they became matte again - just like new.

I left them overnight and applied the conditioner this afternoon - again following the instructions on the bottle.

However, the seats seem to have become shiny again - perhaps not as shiny as they were prior to cleaning, but they are not as matte as they were before I put the conditioner on?

Does his seem right do you know?

I'm wondering if I applied too much conditioner, but I don't think I could have, as I used it quite sparingly?

I'm really tempted to go through the cleaning stage again next weekend and then 'skip' the conditioner - but could this do any short or longer term harm do you think?

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Re: Gliptone - can you just use the shampoo???

Mine is the same. I find until the conditioner has soaked in thoroughly ( maybe a day!! ) that the seats are a little shiny until then.

I have also shampooed on its own, when I haven't had the time to do both. I dont think its a problem.
Re: Gliptone - can you just use the shampoo???

I think the seats look matt beacause of the soap residue(however slight) and the seats would return to shiny again whichever way you do it.
Its one the niggles I have with leather, that the drivers seat often looks well used in comparison to the others.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

gliptone , shampoo